Friday, May 25, 2007

Credit Card Tips for the College Graduate

CNN Money posted an article giving college graduates "tips" on how to manage their credit cards after graduation. They say the following:
  • Switch from a student credit card to a traditional card
  • Whatever you do don't cancel the card you had in college
  • Pay off your balance every month
Now let me give my advice.... DONT GET A CREDIT CARD!!! If you are a college student out there and have a credit card, cut it up, pay it off and close the account (in that order)! You have no need to make Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Citibank, Capital One, Chase and the others rich!

2 comments:

Funny Guy said...

I think, if you use your credit card wisely, you do not need such kind of tips. I began from student credit card and did not have much problems, because I was interested in building good credit. And I did it. Now I enjoy good credit card options.

Unknown said...

Completely agree. Credit is like theft of future for students.
And - by the way - funny logic: close the student card in one tip - and still keep it - in the following tip.
:)